Hello, thanks for stopping by.... if you're reading this I hope you'll stop by and visit my updated site www.susiebhomemaker.com :)

Friday, July 16, 2010

Who's the Mommy?

This is a question I've started asking my 5 yr. old!  Since turning 5, she's become quite the Little Miss Know-it-All and needs reminders throughout the day of who the actual mommy is!
She likes to 'parent' her younger sisters- telling them 'no', taking away toys, telling me when someone should stand in the corner, or when I should put the other girls to bed.  Don't get me wrong, she can be a sweetheart and a big help but lately it's a little much.  We are really working on the sharing aspect but it still seems to be a daily struggle.  And I've been emphasizing the role of parents and the role of children.  I do ask her to help out but when she starts telling mommy what to do... um, I don't think so!
So I find myself asking 'who's the mommy?' or saying "you're not the parent" or 'I'm the Mommy!' several times a day now... ugh, does anyone else have a child like this?


Photobucket

5 Comments:

Cari said...

I have an award for you :)

http://carissa8402.blogspot.com/2010/07/awards-time.html

rachel@thecupcakesprinklesinlife said...

LOL ;)

I used to~ then I had a big discussion about respect, honor and self control.
(thanks to the "Parenting is HeartWork" series)

Now, if she gets bossy with me... I look at her and say aloud (wherever we are-even at the store) "Excuse Me, You are being disrespectful to your Mother, and I would appreciate that you watch your tone and honor my choices for you".

For my little it seems to work- but as we all know... sometimes, what works for one mom... will not always work for another. Us moms are all learning something new with each child... it's never a dull moment!

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy said...

Haha that's funny!

BTW I LOVE the new button! I added it to my sidebar!

Sarah from Little Giggles said...

Even though Arik is a little boy, he does the same thing with Ava! Most of the time, it is helpful (taking something away from his sister that she doesn't need to have, etc), but sometimes he will take charge, and I swear all I can do is chuckle and realize that it is me who he learned it all from. *sigh* ;-)

Amy said...

I've nominated you for two awards, stop on by to check them out.

http://foodiefairytale.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-awards.html

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I love getting comments... and yes, I do read them all! :)

Labels

baby (17) beauty (4) blogging (38) Book Reviews (13) cleaning (4) crafts (6) eco-friendly (12) family (51) giveaways (81) health (29) holidays (31) Kids (80) marriage (3) parenting (7) photography (20) recipes (9) reviews (60) shopping (9) technology (10) toddlers (25)

Blog Archive

Member Of

Pear Tree Greetings Pearista
Blog Search
The Product Review Place
Business 2 Blogger
One2One Badges
Mom Select - Bringing Companies and Moms Together
Mom Fuse POP Blogger
blog pr