Hello, thanks for stopping by.... if you're reading this I hope you'll stop by and visit my updated site www.susiebhomemaker.com :)

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Growing Old...

I've had much of this post floating around in my head for several months now, but have been having a hard time writing it.  It's a difficult topic, no one really wants to think about it let alone talk about it.  Yet we all know that it's inevitable... we will eventually grow old and die.

My Grandma recently passed away and while I was helping to care for her before she did, it got me thinking about growing old.  Seeing her at the end of her life made me think about when other loved ones will pass, like my own Dad, and eventually it'll be me and my husband at that point.

It made me realize that I want to have everything in place and all taken care of for when it does happen.  In addition to senior life insurance of course, I also specifically want to have burial insurance for seniors to cover the cost of the funeral.  I don't want our children to have to worry about any expenses on top of the stress and emotions they'll already be feeling.
A typical funeral can cost between $5,000 and $10,000, depending on the kind of service and the choice of casket and funeral plot. Even for people that have life insurance policies, these costs can create a great burden that can add onto the stress of losing a loved one.
Dealing with the death of a loved one is never easy, but I want to make it as easy as it can possibly be.  I don't want to put my kids in debt trying to give me a proper burial.  I know the inevitable is coming, but in the meantime I can live my life to the fullest and be sure to utilize a site like BurialInsurance.org when my husband and I get to the 'senior' age.


Disclosure Policy

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

No, dealing with death isn't easy and it often gets made much worse for the family when the ridiculously extortionate funeral costs and tax man want their cut. It annoys me that companies take advantage of people's grief. I think funerals should be a free service, paid for by government funding, and the burden taken away from grieving loved ones. But we have to live each day as it comes, making the most of life. It is so very precious.

Found you on Sunday's blog hop.
CJ xx

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I love getting comments... and yes, I do read them all! :)

Labels

baby (17) beauty (4) blogging (38) Book Reviews (13) cleaning (4) crafts (6) eco-friendly (12) family (51) giveaways (81) health (29) holidays (31) Kids (80) marriage (3) parenting (7) photography (20) recipes (9) reviews (60) shopping (9) technology (10) toddlers (25)

Blog Archive

Member Of

Pear Tree Greetings Pearista
Blog Search
The Product Review Place
Business 2 Blogger
One2One Badges
Mom Select - Bringing Companies and Moms Together
Mom Fuse POP Blogger
blog pr