Hello, thanks for stopping by.... if you're reading this I hope you'll stop by and visit my updated site www.susiebhomemaker.com :)

Thursday, April 28, 2011

FlipFlop Wines... pour a glass!

I don't consider myself a wine connoisseur by any means, but I do love to relax after a long stressful day with a glass of wine on occasion.  I also enjoy pairing a great wine with a great meal to spice up a boring dinner.
FlipFlop Wines was created by organic vegetable farmer turned vintner David Georges in 2009.  His goal is to stay true to each wine's varietal character, and to make great tasting wines that don't break the bank.
I was sent the Pinot Grigio, one of my favorite types of wine, and the Riesling.  With another brand I've tried, I like the pinot grigio best and didn't like the riesling, but this time that was 'flip flopped' (pun intended).

Speaking of 'flip flopped', have you ever noticed when you look through a wine glass that's how everything is... flipped upside down?
My Review:  With the flipflop brand I thought the Pinot Grigio didn't have enough of a zing to it and didn't seem to be as crisp as the brand I like- it just fell a little flat for me.  It did go down smooth though and didn't have a bad aftertaste or bite.  My husband tried a glass also but wasn't interested in finishing it.

The next night I took what was left of the Pinot Grigio and the
Riesling for girls craft night at a friends house.  The first thing that came up was that we didn't need a wine opener... it's a twist off cap!  My friends thought the Pinot was dry but all were in favor of the Riesling.  I liked it also, which surprised me as I usually find it too sweet.  This was very smooth and tasted great.  One impressed friend said 'This is a really good Riesling!".

At only $7 a bottle, Flipflop wines is easy on the pocketbook and the convenient twist-off cap makes it great for taking on a picnic with your significant other or hanging out in the backyard with friends.  No need to use a wine opener, you can stay relaxed and enjoy the evening.  The label itself is really cute too, but it also makes drinking wine a no-brainer.


On the back of every bottle it tells you what that type of wine tastes like, whether it's dry, sweet or in between, and what foods to pair it with!  So no matter what your taste, you'll find something you like... to each, their own!
FlipFlop Wines has also partnered with Soles4Souls, and for each bottle of  wine purchased they'll donate a pair of shoes to someone in need (up to 100,000 pairs for the first 100,000 bottles sold).  The number of barefoot orphaned children, in Sub-Saharan Africa alone, is estimated to be above 20 million!

FlipFlop Wines can be purchased online at Underdog Wine Merchants, but they don't currently ship to all states yet so check to see if yours is listed.  If you're in CA you can probably purchase it locally.  You can also connect with Flip Flop Wines on Facebook and Twitter... Cheers!


Disclosure:  I was sent 2 free bottles of wine for the purpose of this review, no other compensation was received.  All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own and completely honest.

2 Comments:

Sarah, Arik and Avas Mommy, said...

Thank you for sharing with us that night!

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy said...

I'm not a big wine drinker. We did do wine tour in California on our honeymoon! I like the sweet dessert wine!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I love getting comments... and yes, I do read them all! :)

Labels

baby (17) beauty (4) blogging (38) Book Reviews (13) cleaning (4) crafts (6) eco-friendly (12) family (51) giveaways (81) health (29) holidays (31) Kids (80) marriage (3) parenting (7) photography (20) recipes (9) reviews (60) shopping (9) technology (10) toddlers (25)

Blog Archive

Member Of

Pear Tree Greetings Pearista
Blog Search
The Product Review Place
Business 2 Blogger
One2One Badges
Mom Select - Bringing Companies and Moms Together
Mom Fuse POP Blogger
blog pr