Hello, thanks for stopping by.... if you're reading this I hope you'll stop by and visit my updated site www.susiebhomemaker.com :)

Friday, September 17, 2010

Blogging Mom's Challenge Day 16- Cry Baby

Day 16 — A song that makes you cry

Wow, this one was hard, I have so many songs that really move me, not always to tears, but they bring back tons of memories and emotions for me... the lyrics are meaningful and tell a powerful story.  Here are a few of my fave power ballads and sad/sappy songs from back in the day (try not to cry):

Crossroads by Bone Thugs n Harmony
Photograph by Nickelback
One Last Breath by Creed
Whiskey Lullaby by Brad Paisley
Leaving on a Jet Plane by John Denver
Every Rose Has It's Thorn by Poison
Have a Little Faith in Me by John Hiatt
This is War by Smile Empty Soul
Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith
Home by Chris Daughtry

I'm kind of all over the place with this one, but after I listed all those and listened to them again on YouTube, I realized none of them actually brought me to tears.  Sure they have a lot of meaning and take me back to a different place and time, but they didn't give me that tear-up kind of feeling.  So I thought some more, and remembered these two songs... they got me the first time I heard them, and back when I was in Army Basic Training, and when my hubby deployed to Iraq... and they still get to me when I hear them now... gives me the chills... and makes me so proud...

God Bless the U.S.A. by Lee Greenwood


American Soldier by Toby Keith




Photobucket

1 Comments:

~ Noelle said...

I cry EVERY SINGLE TIME I hear GOD BLESS THE USA!
and at stone mountains laser show... When Ray Charles sings Georgia...
Thanks for reminding me

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I love getting comments... and yes, I do read them all! :)

Labels

baby (17) beauty (4) blogging (38) Book Reviews (13) cleaning (4) crafts (6) eco-friendly (12) family (51) giveaways (81) health (29) holidays (31) Kids (80) marriage (3) parenting (7) photography (20) recipes (9) reviews (60) shopping (9) technology (10) toddlers (25)

Blog Archive

Member Of

Pear Tree Greetings Pearista
Blog Search
The Product Review Place
Business 2 Blogger
One2One Badges
Mom Select - Bringing Companies and Moms Together
Mom Fuse POP Blogger
blog pr