mission has been "to deliver pure and great-tasting omega fish oils that promote optimal health and wellness". Fish oil, or Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids (ALA, EPA, & DHA), are important for every aspect of your child's functioning, from hormone regulation to healthy vision. Most mom's now know that DHA is necessary for proper brain and nerve development in infants and children.
Nordic Berries Multivitamin is like a sour gumdrop but very soft and chewy. It wasn't so sour that it made your mouth pucker but had the sugary crunchy coating to it (it's actually organic sucrose crystals). My 5 year old daughter said she really liked the way they tasted!
The Children's DHA looks just like a fish oil capsule and can be swallowed, or is actually chewable, with a strawberry flavor. These didn't go over quite as well as the Nordic Berries. The whole chewable thing isn't really ideal- it doesn't break right away and then the oil squirts out and you're left with the shell, which my daughter and I both spit out. I'd say these are best for kids that are old enough to swallow a pill. Otherwise go with the liquid Children's DHA.
Giveaway: One lucky reader is going to win a bottle of Omega-3 Gummy Worms
How to enter (leave a separate comment for each one you do, or already do):
• Tell me a store near you that sells Nordic Naturals
• Follow Nordic Naturals on Twitter
• Like Nordic Naturals on Facebook
• Follow my blog publicly via GFC +2 entries
• Subscribe to my blog via Email +2 entries
• Follow me on Twitter
• Like me on Facebook
• Add my new button to your blog (if you have the old one, please update it)
• Enter any of my other giveaways +1 for each
• Post about this giveaway (Facebook, Cafemom, Blog, etc.) +5 entries, leave 5 separate comments
• Tweet about this giveaway (may be done daily, leave link), may copy & paste the following:
Enter to #win Nordic Omega-3 Gummy Worms for your Child @susiebhomemaker http://bit.ly/ceyShf #giveaway Ends 11/9U.S. ONLY
This contest ends on 11/9/10 at 11:59 pm EST. Open to U.S. residents only. The winner will be drawn via random.org and has 48 hours to respond to winning notification email before another winner is drawn. Please make sure your email is visible on your profile or leave with your comment(s).
Disclosure: I was given a product in exchange for my review. No other form of compensation was received. The opinions and thoughts I’ve shared with these products are 100% my own and yours may differ.