Here are a few morsels about the company and the chocolate:
- The bars are mouth watering pure couverture gourmet chocolate (not the cheap compound stuff that is “homemade”)
- They are made in America (Austin, Texas to be exact)
- They are made in a Commercial Kitchen
- The chocolate is manufactured in America (we are very patriotic at chocbite!)
- Chocbite was featured on Good Morning America (last minute of the video)
STEP 1: Choose Your Chocolate (4 different types)
- CHOCblack- Bitter-sweet Dark Chocolate
- CHOCdark- Semi-sweet Dark Chocolate
- CHOCmilk- Milk Chocolate
- CHOCwhite- White Chocolate
- Sweet (32 choices including Fruity Pebbles & Nerds)
- Savory (25 choices including Espresso & Saffron)
- Nuts (13 choices including Pecans & Wasabi Peanuts)
- Fruit (20 choices including Mango & Strawberries)
- Decorative (27 choices including Happy Birthday & Graduation)
The possibilities are endless... it's like the saying goes 'a kid in a candy store'. Any chocoholic in your life would appreciate getting their own custom bar, or consider as a unique gift for a hard to buy for family member or friend, or order one all for yourself. Yes the price is more than you would normally pay for a chocolate bar, but these aren't just normal bars... they're a gourmet, custom creation that you can taylor to fit any taste or mood.
So I built my custom bar (milk chocolate w/ mini-m&m's, butterscotch pieces, banana chips, & roasted salted peanuts) and then waited for my masterpiece to arrive. When I opened the box the first thing that jumped out was the cute & clever packaging. You can see your custom bar temptingly thru the clear package, and the slogan 'The Chocolate Bar with a Bite' is quite literal, as your bar comes with a "bite" already taken out of it. A little concerning if you aren't expecting it or don't realize that it's just marketing at it's finest. And the bar itself is also literally telling you to eat it with it's 'Bite Me' logo, perhaps a not-so-nice sentiment coming from anyone else, but from a chocolate bar... eh, I'm not offended.
So I did as I was told and opened it up to take my first bite... aahhh, blissful! The taste was scrumptous and flavorful, and it had all my favorites in one. I had to let my hubby and 5 year old try it also (as they were salivating at the mouth watching me eat) and they loved it. Though my daughter wished it would've had marshmallows instead of peanuts, and thankfully for me I know exactly where to go now to find just such a chocolate bar- CHOCbite!
Ready to build your own gourmet custom chocolate bar now, you can order by heading over to chocbite using coupon code CHOCBITE20 for a 20% discount (good thru the end of the year!) that Adeline has so graciously given to my readers. You can also... enter my giveaway to WIN one!!
Mandatory entry (must be done for bonus entries to count): Visit chocbite and tell me how you'd customize your bar (which toppings you'd choose).
Bonus Entries (leave separate comment for each):
- Follow my blog publicly via Google Friend Connect
- Subscribe to my blog feed via email or reader
- Follow @chocbite on Twitter
- Follow @susiebhomemaker on Twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway (I've entered a giveaway from @susiebhomemaker and @chocbite for a gourmet custom chocolate bar http://bit.ly/bBxKJr)
- Join chocbite on Facebook
- Like Susie B. Homemaker on Facebook
- Add my button to your blog
- Blog about this giveaway (leave link to post) +3 entries, leave 3 comments
This contest ends on 5/31/10 at 11:59 pm EST. U.S. & CAN residents only. The winner will be drawn via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to winning notification email before I draw another winner. Please make sure I can find your email on your profile or leave with your comment(s).
Disclosure: I received a sample for the purpose of this review but no other type of compensation was received. This has no bearing on my completely honest review above. The opinions and experiences I’ve shared with these products are my own and yours may differ.