Hello, thanks for stopping by.... if you're reading this I hope you'll stop by and visit my updated site www.susiebhomemaker.com :)

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rainy Day Activities

Well it's another rainy day indoors for us here.  So while my 4 year old is off at school I have to find things to entertain my 2 year old (who has decided no more naps for her).  Here's a list of some of our favorite rainy day activities:
  • Coloring- I can only give her a few crayons at a time tho' otherwise they wind up all over the place
  • Playdough- for less mess I have a small tub I give her to play with it in
  • Music & Dancing- I don't know any toddler who doesn't like to dance, and my toddler is no exception.  And her fave nursery rhyme is 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat'.  She'll come up to me every so often throughout the day and ask "row da boat?"... how can I refuse!
  • NickJr or Sprout- need I say more?  This keeps her entertained for awhile and I can get a few things done.  Her fave shows are Dora & Backyardigans.
As with anything though, these activities only hold her short attention span for so long.  She is a super busy, on the go toddler and sometimes she gets into things she shouldn't- like the bag of chips she dumped out all over the carpet the other day.  So 'rain, rain, go away.... my toddler needs to go outside and play!'  Maybe I can have her run laps around the living room to tire herself out so she'll actually take a nap... YEAH RIGHT!!  Oh well, off to catch my toddler... who is currently climbing on the couch and end tables.

Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I love getting comments... and yes, I do read them all! :)