Hello, thanks for stopping by.... if you're reading this I hope you'll stop by and visit my updated site www.susiebhomemaker.com :)

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tasty Fiber... Eat with Caution!

I decided to try Kellogg's 'Fiber plus Antioxidants' bars (they were on sale at Meijer last week).  I purchased the Chocolatey Peanut Butter ones and they tasted great!  You wouldn't even know they were packed full of fiber... if it didn't say '35% of your daily fiber' on the package!  Just be sure to also read the small print on the back of the bar wrapper (this may be on the back of the box too but I threw it out already):
NEW USER: Increase your fiber intake gradually. Gastrointestinal discomfort may occur until your body adjusts.
Um yeah, I didn't see this until after I had a bar the first day and then another one the very next day.  OUCH!  Talk about some stomach pains!  Don't let this happen to you... read those labels!!

2 Comments:

Carolee Hollenback said...

OMG, that should be in BIG letters on the front :-)

Have a great weekend!

Laura said...

I had this SAME thing happen w/some fiber muffins given to me by a co-worker! There was no warning on the box and yup my tummy was sour that night! I felt bad for my kitties, if you know what i mean. :P They had 30 something % fiber. It only took a few hours to kick in for me! No more big fiber doses for me.

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I love getting comments... and yes, I do read them all! :)